The Food Project will be hosting a May Grab and Go Farmers' Markets this Saturday, May 9th, and in two weeks on Saturday, May 23rd from 11:00 to 3:00 at Mount Vernon Street and Exchange Street. All produce can be purchased with SNAP, HIP, credit, debit, and cash. The attached flyers in English, Spanish, and Russian include details about market logistics and safety measures. Below is a list of market rules for customers to ensure that everyone can shop safely.
Market Rules for Customers:
- Please stay home if you are sick, even with a cold.
- Please stand 6 feet apart, on the chalk marks, while you wait for your produce.
- The produce is pre-bagged. We have to give it to you this way. Thank you for your understanding.
- Customers must wear a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth, as per city regulations.
- Please do not touch the produce, and wait for a staff person to hand you your bags.
- Staff cannot pack your reusable bags at this time.
- Please do not linger to ensure that everybody can shop safely.
- Please wash your produce before you eat it.
Customers should NOT come if they are feeling sick, have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID19, or have travelled outside MA in the past 14 days. As a reminder, SNAP customers can send their EBT cards with friends and family to purchase produce for them - vendors are not permitted to ask for any ID.