Meals on Wheels brings meals to people over 60 who are homebound and unable to prepare their own meals. The menu is varied and the meals are nutritionally balanced, cooked without added salt, and consists of an entrée, two sides, dessert, milk, bread and margarine. We offer soft, ground, pureed, low-lactose, renal, and cardiac menus. We also offer a modified meal for people with diabetes. Meals are delivered between 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. If you’re isolated and homebound, you can arrange for frozen meals that you can use over the weekend.
We ask for a small donation per meal to help us pay for the program. But we never deny anyone a meal if they can't afford to donate.
It’s easy to start delivery of Meals on Wheels. Simply call Information & Referral at 781-599-0110.
You can view, download, or print the Monthly Meals on Wheels Menu.
You can view, download, or print the Monthly Meals on Wheels Cardiac Menu.
Meals on Wheels does not operate on the following holidays:
· New Year’s Day (January 1)
· Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
· Presidents’ Day (3rd Monday in February)
· Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
· Juneteenth (June 19)
· Independence Day (July 4th)
· Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
· Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)
· Veterans’ Day (November 11)
· Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
· Christmas Day (December 25)
Through special volunteer efforts, meals may be available on Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Please call 781-599-0110 to inquire.