2020 Provider Contracting
Greater Lynn Senior Services, Inc. (GLSS), 8 Silsbee Street, Lynn, MA 01901 is a non-profit organization dedicated to building healthy and more livable communities, where critical home and community-based services and supports are fully accessible to older adults, people living with disabilities, and their caregivers. GLSS serves more than 4,000 people every day. We are designated by the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) as an Aging Services Access Point (ASAP) to provide certain Home Care services to elders living in Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus and Swampscott.
We value our relationship with our carefully selected provider network. The philosophy of GLSS procurement is to provide superior service to our consumers and build solid relationships with our providers. GLSS continually assesses our existing provider network and consumer base to determine our needs. We believe in being able to offer our provider network a sufficient number of cases to cover their business needs and costs.
The next re-contracting period will begin on April 2, 2020.
For the contracting period commencing on October 1, 2020, GLSS will have standard rates for all Homemaker/Personal Care, Supportive Home Care Aide, and Companion services.
Steps to Producing a Bid
During the open Request for Proposal (RFP) Process, we invite proposals from Homemaker/PC and Non-Homemaker organizations who want to contract for the provision of any of the services listed below. Proposals will be evaluated based on past performance, financial and technical resources, cost, quality of proposed services, ability to meet service needs in the city and towns we service, and agency need. We reserve the right to negotiate with the applicant, any item(s) contained in the proposal(s). Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), are encouraged to apply.
To submit a bid to Greater Lynn Senior Services and/or North Shore Elder Services, please follow the steps below.
All forms must be type-written
Click here for the Contracting Checklist, which includes # of copies required for each document
- Step 1 - Read Notice to Bidders
- Step 2 - NOI Online Application (Homemaker only. If already complete, continue to Step 3)
- Step 3 - Review all Elder Affair and Commonwealth of Massachusetts documents
- Step 4 - Complete General Administrative Overview w/required attachments (policies (see below for list), licenses, resumes, org charts, training schedules, etc.)
- Step 5 - Complete all Service Specific Administrative Overviews for services bidding on (see list below)
- Step 6 - Complete the GLSS Rate Sheet for all services bidding on. (Only choose services from the list in Notice to Bidders)
- Step 7 - Sign off on Insurance Requirement form and provide proof of insurance
- Step 8 - Fill out W-9
- Step 9 – Read The Policy and Process Regarding Subcontractors
- Step 10 - Read Notice Regarding Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
- Step 11 - Mail two (2) copies of bid packages with cover letter(s) to: Greater Lynn Senior Services, ATTN: PROVIDER CONTRACTING, 8 Silsbee St., Lynn, MA 01901 by 4:00 pm on May 21, 2020.
NO ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If a contract is awarded, additional forms for the MassHealth Frail Elder Waiver will need to be filled out unless Provider has already met this requirement and can produce approval letter.
Please provide the following policies with your submission:
- Personnel Policies, including supervision, annual performance evaluation, work rules, training, etc.
- Conflict of Interest
- Privacy & Confidentiality/HIPAA
- Non Discrimination in employment and service delivery
- 105 CMR 155.00, including the procedure for the reporting of suspected abuse, neglect, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- 105 CMR 155.00, including the procedure on the required DPH registry check (Homemaker Agencies, Home Health Agencies, and Skilled Nursing Facilities only
- MassHealth All Provider Bulletin 196: The Office of the Inspector General’s (OIG) List of Excluded Individuals and Entities
- GSA/SAM exclusion list
- CORI (PI-09-19)
- Reportable Incidents/Emergencies in the Home
- Consumer Not at Home
- Theft, Loss, or Damage to Consumer Property
- Service Priority for High Risk Consumers (PI-11-06) (Homemaker and Home Health Agencies only)
- Prohibitions on Fees and Gratuities
- Shopping/Money Handling (Homemaker and Home Health Agencies, Companion Providers, Grocery Shopping Providers)
- Written Information Security Plan (WISP)
- Affirmative Action
- Working with Subcontractors
Please provide the service specific administrative overviews relevant to your bid:
- GLSS is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GLSS strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- GLSS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.